- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- In a bowl cream butter, lemon zest and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat the eggs, one at a time.
- Stir in the yogurt, then sift in both kinds of flour.
- Mix until smooth.
- Pour into a well-greased 20cm ring tin.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 30 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the centre of the cake comes out clean.
- Cool in the tin for 5 minutes.
- While the cake is cooling in the tin, combine the lemon juice and sugar in a small saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly until the sugar has dissolved and the syrup boils.
- Turn out on a sire rack and pour the hot syrup evenly over the cake.
Serve with a generous dollop of EasiYo Unsweetened Natural yogurt on the side and some lemon zest swirls.
Where to buy in-store Buy online