- 500g (1 pack) dried pasta of your choice
- 3 cups frozen peas
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 6 slices thick cut bacon (sliced into 1 cm pieces)
- 1 cup EasiYo Unsweetened Greek Style yogurt
- ¾ cup Parmesan cheese (grated)
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese (grated) for serving
- Juice of one lemon
- Salt and ground pepper to taste.
- Fresh chive or parsley, chopped.
Optional to add broccoli or corn or a mixed frozen vegetables in place of peas.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil. Add pasta. Cook until just BEFORE pasta is al dente (approx. 3 mins).
- Add the frozen peas (or alternative vegetables) and continue cooking until the pasta is cooked (al dente) but not mushy.
- Reserve ½ cup of boiling pasta water, then drain pasta and peas and stir though a dollop of olive oil.
- Heat olive oil over medium heat then add bacon pieces and cook, stirring occasionally until the bacon is crisp and the fat is released.
- Remove the pan from the heat and add the drained pasta and peas. Add the EasiYo Greek yogurt, parmesan and a ¼ cup of the reserved pasta water. Toss well.
If the sauce seems a bit thick, add a little more of the reserved pasta water. Taste the sauce and season with more salt/pepper to taste. Squeeze the lemon over the pasta and serve sprinkled with the chopped herbs and parmesan cheese.
Serve with a crusty bread or a warm garlic bread.
Where to buy in-store Buy online